Sunday, March 25, 2007

She's Madonna



I'm not really sure how I feel about this one. Opinions? I'm a rebellious Robbie Williams fan; ie: no one else I know really cares for him at all. I love this song, he made it with the Pet Shop Boys. The video, is somewhat enjoyable, and the idea of Robbie in bad drag is kinda interesting, but none the less nothing really happens.

What's exciting is the DL on the song, which is apparently this: Robbie wrote the song after a conversation he had with Guy Ritchie (Madonna's hubby) about how he left his then girlfriend Tania Strecker for Madonna. Robbie wanted Madonna to be in the video with him, and he played the song for her shortly after writing it, and the word is she even liked it. But when Guy figured out what the song was about, the project was dropped entirely. Shame, would have been fun.

Also of note, the video includes Alexis Arquette (of The Arquette's) who was born on my birthday, only in 1969. And finally, the video was made by none other than Johan Renck who also Madonna's "Nothing Really Matters" and "Hung Up." Everything is illuminated.

No comments: